Tuesday, October 30, 2007

quote

I took this from Bethany...I like it...

“Don’t be fooled by me. Don’t be fooled by the face I wear. I wear a mask.

I wear a thousand masks-masks that I am afraid to take off; and none of them are me. Pretending is an art that is second nature to me. But don’t be fooled for my sake, please don’t be fooled.

I give the impression that I am secure, that all is sunny and unruffled within me as well as without; that confidence is my name and coolness is my game. That the water is calm and I am in command; that I need no one. But please don’t believe me, please. My surface may seem smooth, but my surface is a mask, my ever changing and ever concealing mask.

WHO AM I, you may wonder? I am someone you know very well. I am every man you meet. I am every woman you meet. I am right in front of you. In truth, I probably am you”
Charles C. Finn

No comments: