Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Training, Leadership, Vancouver and Texas

Hi!

Im sorry for the lack of communication over the summer months, and in the past 3 weeks.

I am back on Pais::Canada for a second year, and I am now an Area Leader. I have two fantastic team members Robin and Jess. Robin in German and Jess is English, so we have a cultural mix!

It seems crazy to think that a year has past already, but I am excited for this year and what God has in store for me as a person, for the team and the department. I am lucky enough to be staying at PGCC with the amazing tom!

Training in Texas was great, hearing the Kingdom Princples again and learning new things about Leadership and how to be effective and intentional in ministry. It was great to be with the USA department, see old friends and make new ones. My team has 'Adopted' Adam team down at Pantego - the church where training was based. I got to stay with Crains again, and meet Brandon the newest arrival, I loved being there, they are like a second family, and really welcomed me into their home - they even hid presents in my suitcase - hint hint mum and dad - and brought me oreo cakesters! But the best thing about texas was flying first class to newark - now my dad has treated me once, he wont get away with me flying coach anymore! the worst thing was either Pierce eating a pickles pigs trotter OR my angel calling me a monkey...ask if you want to know the story..

So now Im in Vancouver we are doing cultural training at the moment which is excellent, and then next week we have Vision Week in our teams. Im staying with a great family the Carbols - there are 9 of us in the house - they have 4 kids and are legal guardians of 2 others, so its just like being at home. I have a big room in the basement, and share a bathroom with Sarah, we also have our own tv and snooker table! and they have a kitchen almost like at home in the uk, but they dont have an aga!!

If you want to send goodies or presents or even letters send to:

Dame Rosie Honeywell
4093 w29 Ave,
Vancouver, BC,
V6S 1V4

telephone: 604-222-9550

e-mail: rosie@pgcc.org

Please pray for me for strength and wisedom as well as finances for myself and the team as we start this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.