Saturday, May 24, 2008

heartbeat

If you know me well, you will know that I was brought up going to the Isle of Harris every May for 2 weeks. The last time I went was when I was 16, I remember this time well, because God kept me firmly planted on the ground, through a time, in which I was unstable. The last couple of times I went to Harris, I felt this longing build up inside of me for the people on the islands, mainly the youth, and I felt that my parents had faithfully brought me to Harris pretty much year in year out for a reason; so a love of this place would build inside of me, to prepare me for the future.

I have know for a while that some how some day I will end up serving the people of Harris. Although now I know the time is not right, God is putting my heart in tune with his for these people more then ever, my heart breaking for them. Right now hes expanding my heart for all of those in the islands and highlands. How hard it is, to have your heart break for a place and have to wait, its taking everything within me to not go to scotland and start some how to bring this picture into life, yet it wouldn't me in God's timing, so I must learn to give it to him, again and again, and listen to him, to tell me when the time is right.

My family are there right now on holiday as usual, and its killing me!

As my heartbeat for scotland intensifies, the countdown clock to me leaving vancouver is ticking away a little too fast for my liking. 27 days left in this beautiful city, 27 days with the youth, 27 days with the friends i have made and 20 days with anne and dennis eekk. today is another beautiful day, with the city basking in sunshine, snow still on the tops of the mountains.

Things are starting to wrap up here, schools are finishing, we are planing leadership training and graduation. Its a weird feeling to be wrapping up my life in a city where I have pour out my heart and soul. I have so much to do, so many places to see 'one' last time. I will have to visit for holidays! I dont seem to have enough time, life is fast space, and tires me out quickly, recently my headaches have been intense and I have been feeling sick - and actually been sick! However I do have a week here after graduation, which thankfully gives me some time.

One thing I have ticked off my list is cycling around stanley park; Last week the team had a social day and we decided to hire bikes and go around the sea wall. I am so glad I did it, it was great to cycle through the park and feel like you where know where near the city, yet really you are 5 minutes from the core.

Last week we took the youth camping to History Maker. It was a stunning weekend with the temperatures hitting 32c. This was way better then last year when it rained the whole time. We managed to find a nice pool by the river, it was freezing so we tested ourselves to see who could put there feet in the longest. We have a number of cool stories; snakes, hands - simi and jordan :P, kris getting stitches. Admittedly I don't remember much about the weekend, as most of the time I spent there I felt sick so sat outside. Mike P and derlirous where excellent though! If you are ever camping in BC find Anthony and Del. and get them to come with you! We woke up o breakfasts of ham, bacon, cinnamon and apple pancakes, chocolate and banana pancakes, watermelon, melon, yogurt, tim hortons coffee, doughnuts (not all on the same day thankfully!!).

I have tons coming up in the next 3 weeks; prayer meetings, two conferences, goodbyes and all the pais stuff - which is a lot!

Right now I could really do with prayer as I wrap up the year and say goodbye.

Rosie

No comments: