Wednesday, March 12, 2008

the next step

After much discussion, thinking and prayer I will be leaving Vancouver and moving on. As much as it breaks my heart to leave this city, the place that has become my home and where my Canadian family and friends are; that God has broken my heart for, I know its time to move on. It will be tough in June when I finally leave, but I know I will back at some point, that I came to Vancouver for a reason and it has grown and stretched me. It will always have a great big chunk of my heart .. don't worry tom. I will never forget the city, that managed to draw me closer to God, stun me with the scenery and reconstruct me.

God has been placing lost and forgotten youth on islands around the world on heart. I see the move Im making as a start on that road and I am extremely excited that I that I have this chance to start to livng this dream into reality.

In August I will be moving to Phuket, Thailand. I will continue with the Pais Project and therefore still be doing schools and youth ministry. I will spend time in Thai schools, International schools, a HIV/AIDS children's home, another children's home - orphanage, and some work with Burmese Refugees and lots more. I am really looking foward to living in in Asia, experiencing a new culture and language - yes i will be learning trying to learn Thai!

Check out the Pais Thailand page for more information.

This video may give you some insight into some of the work I may be doing.

If you have any questions or feel you would like to support me or Pais Thailand financially or with your prayers please let me know.

No comments: